Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Try: coffee & honey mask/ row machines

Part of my new years resolution is taking care of myself..too often, I am more concerned about getting to the next place vs. sitting, relaxing and taking care of myself. this evening, I was excited to go to the gym..I am on a kick to drop off the weight, which carried over from 2011. As a result, I have opted torso what I consider a quick fix- a 3 mile run. An ex-trainer of mine, Ryan approached me while I was on the treadmill and began to offer some free advice. He mentioned that to mix things up, I should try the row machine...so after huffing and puffing, i approached the row machine for a total body workout..please note, most machines/equipment in the gym make me nervous - because i don't want to look like the fool on it..ha..anyhow, with that being said- he walked me through the proper motions and I worked really hard and now feel some of the effects..I am pumped to try my run/row combo on a weekly basis..Finally, I decided to meet a dear friend of mine- Stephanie for dinner at her apt. She cooked broccoli, flounder and linguini (which was super light and tasty)..then to entertain ourselves, we decided to try a new "homemade mask". A friend of ours had suggested: taking the coffee grind and mixing with honey to relieve puffiness and provide moisture..that it did. I truly recommend this concoction...my face is super soft with a nice glow..love cheap fixes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment